Thursday 11 September 2008

Bike/Run Balance

It's very late right now, and as I still haven't had a chance yet to blog anything about my trip to the Czech Republic I thought I better just let friends and family know that I ran my race, finishing in the top half of the field (just!) and had a truly wonderful time. I'll hopefully get to post the details over the weekend. 

Since getting back it's been completely crazy. Not a spare minute to be had in any day. I'm struggling with the workload. That said, though, I have prioritised the training today and did get out for an easy 3 mile run on the moor at lunchtime (legs still feeling heavy) and then, as I couldn't persaude either of the boys out on a rare nice evening, hit the "3 hills" on the bike and quite surprised myself with an effort that turned out to be only 10 secs off my record (32.52). I pushed hard, and I died more than a little on the final climb up Monastery Hill, but I'm taking it as a sign that my bike fitness remains good despite the distinct lack of recent miles. I felt the calf tighten a little on the hills, but it seems to have stretched out again now. I'm going along with M's training advice and feeling rather optimistic about a good winter's running ahead. I just need to ensure that I make enough time for the stretching and the bike/run balance. Hopefully, reporting back on this blog will help!


No comments: