Wednesday 3 September 2008

Summer Over?

It's now past midnight and I've not left the house all day. I've barely left my office bedroom all day. The only relaxation was cooking a Thai Curry and watching Desperate Housewives! I've felt very stressed, hemmed in by the pressure of so much to do, with very few available days left (before some key deadlines) in which to grab time at the computer. My calf still doesn't feel quite right, although I'm beginning to wonder how much of that is just stress and paranoia. I probably would have rested even if the weather had been good enough to tease me out ... but the rain continues, and it's turned distinctly cool and windy - so no pining for the great outdoors.

It feels like summer (what summer?) is over on so many fronts. The temperature. The last one-dayer v South Africa was washed out so the international cricket season is over. The boys started back at school. No.1 son is now in the 6th form (how is that possible I ask myself?) and No.2 son is starting his two year run in towards GCSEs. They both had a good day, especially the youngest, who seems remarkably enthused by his new teachers and mostly the fact that he seems to be in sets with all his best mates. He seems very keen to work and get some good grades. The eldest also seems keen to work hard and he's a little daunted by the reality of that, but also looking forward to the reward that hard work brings. He's mature enough to understand that equation now. I really hope all this enthusiasm lasts.

1 comment:

Ian said...

Bro

Great to hear your news - amazing to think Forrest is in the 6th form. We are fine, weather has been kind, lots of cold clear days and heaps of snow on the mountain. I have a new job, 15 mins walk from home and no more chocolate! Will talk soon,

Ian