Tuesday 16 September 2008

'Rest' Day

CKZ and AC are at Warwick today showcasing the software at a conference, and it appears to be going very well. There was a kind of official launch and everyone is keen to start using it as soon as possible. Lots of enthusiasm. Lots of plaudits. But I've been chained to the computer all day again, rewriting some key components in the light of experience and much better understanding. It's been a bit of grind though. In trying to solve one problem I uncovered another, which first had to be solved, which in turn revealed another problem. I got to a point quite quickly where I lost sight of the original problem altogether! It's at such points where it can all get overwhelming, but then you start to sort things out and unwind the chain of problems, and suddenly the way forward is clear again.

Despite the hassles with the software I guess I didn't mind too much missing out on all the back-slapping and general smooshing at Warwick. It was important that I was on hand tonight to help out with Maths and English homework. The diligence as far as the schoolwork goes has not yet dissipated away! So, a day of rest from exercise but I feel far from rested. Didn't even get to do too much stretching. At least I have quite a few issues sorted to show for all the effort.

No comments: