Saturday 12 July 2008

Playing Catch-up

Having more or less lost the last two days of work I had to spend the first day of the weekend playing catch-up. At least my head was a lot clearer and I made good progress. In between spells at the computer I spent some time hanging out with the boys. It feels like I've not had much quality time with them recently. It felt good to have them both at home again, and although they are quickly back to needling each other - which is what siblings like to do - I think the two spells they've had apart have actually brought them closer together. There seems to be a bit more care and respect about each other - albeit in a very subtle way. They would never admit to it!

Early evening I decided I really ought to get some air and headed out on to the moor for a jog up to the cairn. The chance to get out the previous three evenings was completely scuppered by the heavy showers. I took it very easy, although I didn't seem to have much choice in that because I seem to have lost my running legs. There was no spark there at all. I felt very unfit! But I survived the couple of miles without mishap. I couldn't detect any tightness and no aches or pains afterwards so I should be happy. It's just upsetting that I felt so slow! More catching up to do.

No comments: