Tuesday 1 July 2008

Beginning Rehabilitation

Set the alarm with the intention of being an Earlybird this morning. With Cacophony out for a while, and Gizzajob and Harry Quinn possibly tapering down before the Etape next weekend, I felt I should try to make an appearance this week to give El Cid some company. As it happened there were a few people out on what was a rare beautiful summer morning, including Gizzajob, still getting in the miles. We enjoyed a steady run out to Cavendish and then back via Langbar and Conker Hill, getting ever warmer in the sunshine. The legs didn't feel unduly tired, although there wasn't much power going up Langbar trying to keep up with Gizzajob.

Had a client meeting in the morning where we went through all the new functionality and enhancements I've been working on this last few weeks. It went very well. Lots of plaudits, gratefully received, and good spirits all around. I came away on a bit of a high.

Tried a little bit of jogging today and that was fine. It was only a matter of a few hundred yards or so, but I felt nothing amiss at all. My running rehabilitation has begun.

No comments: