Wednesday 2 July 2008

Danefield

No.2 son is still unwell and off school. I was supposed to be heading up to Scotland today, to train our new users in Fife, but there was no way I could leave him on his own feeling the way he does. Fortunately, my partner was able to shuffle a few things and go in my place. So, I worked from home today and finished off the very last few bits and pieces ready for this new release. It was a relief to finish. It seems to have taken a very long time, and used up a lot of energy.

Took a 20 minute break in the afternoon to walk/jog up to White Wells, about 60:40. Experienced no problems and if felt really good to be out on the moor. Beginning to feel optimistic about getting running again before too long.

My lad felt considerably better this afternoon, so, with his permission, I took advantage of being here instead of Scotland to escape for a few hours to support the club in the Danefield Relay, a favourite event of mine on the Chevin. I've had some good runs in this over the years and would have loved to have been running myself, but it turned out to be good fun to watch. I went over on the mountain bike and got a few circuits in on the bridleway, seeing the runners disappear into the woods and then reappear again as they zig-zag around the course. M (the master planner) had organised a bit of a do afterwards at the Cheerful Chilli, which proved a great success. I'd heard a lot about the food and it didn't disappoint. This could become a bit of an annual institution! It felt good to cycle back afterwards (for a total of almost 20 miles) in order to work off the fairly extreme excesses of the evening's dining!

No comments: