Saturday 5 July 2008

TV Binge

I let the 3 Counties Challenge go this weekend. A decision was made for me by RT, whom I was planning to go up with tonight with his son, HT. He told me I shouldn't do it, since I wasn't feeling quite right, and also with having to leave No.2 son on his own again. It was the right decision because I felt a great sense of relief for it being made. It was also made easier to come to terms with by the weather being thoroughly miserable today, and the forecast not great for tomorrow either.

So, I took the advantage of working in the morning, watching the torrential rain with some smugness, and thinking of poor M and her mates at the Triple-T at Kettlewell, getting thoroughly soaked. In the afternoon No.2 son and I settled down with our laptops to indulge in a bonanza of sport on television: the 50 over semi-final between Yorkshire and Essex, the women's singles final from Wimbledon and the first stage of the Tour de France. That was then followed with the last in the current series of Dr.Who. It was actually quite a lovely way to spend the day with my youngest.

Just before dusk, with the rain more or less gone, I decided that I had to get a bit of fresh air, so took another walk/jog to White Wells, this time about 40:60. I enjoyed a couple of spells where it felt like I was running properly, and still felt no niggles. I'm getting there.

No comments: