Wednesday 11 June 2008

Conditioning

Slept like a baby last night and was better able to cope with the stresses of work today as a result. The left calf is still a little tight, but I'm not too worried about it. The legs feel more tired today than they did after Sunday. If the opportunity had arisen then I would have got out on the bike - because I'm in that kind of mindset - but I didn't get back from the office until late. With the boys demanding food, and then The Apprentice to watch, it was just never going to happen - which is probably just as well because I'm creaking a bit going up and down the stairs right now.

Of course, it's hardly surprising that I'm feeling some fatigue and I have to admit to being quite chuffed at being able to race at all last night after Sunday's efforts. It's quite amazing what you can condition the body to do. I suppose it's about 20 years since I've pushed this hard to see what's possible. And I guess I'm harbouring a desire to carry on pushing. It's addictive!

No comments: