Friday 13 June 2008

Twenty-Twenty

It was head down today to try to finish off this current tranche of work so I can take some time out this weekend. I feel very stale from having spent too many hours at the computer this week, but need to leave things in a tidy state. I can never properly relax if I have unfinished business. So, a day at home with an early start and a late night, the only break being to chill out watching the 20-20 International against New Zealand. I am a passionate cricket lover, and adore the long form of the game, but I'm also developing a passion for this, the very shortest form of the game. With so little time to spare at the moment it suits my lifestyle well. Where test match cricket has high drama, 20-20 cricket has high octane action. It can never fully satisfy my cricketing soul because drama touches the emotions, and the crash-bang-wallop action of the 20 over game, being much more superficial, cannot do that. But it's fun to watch ... and it looks like a lot of fun for the players too. I really hope that doesn't change with these massive cash prizes that are soon going to be on offer.

No comments: