Monday 9 June 2008

Feeling High

I often experience a sense of anti-climax after these big events, but there was no such feeling today. I've been high on life! I had a potentially difficult meeting this morning but actually found myself being quite sharp and had the confidence to push aside all the bull-shit. I feel like I've been empowered somehow! Also, I've previously felt rather 'washed-out' after these long sportives, but I haven't really found that today. I guess it's a sign that I'm getting fitter and better conditioned. I'm taking that as a reward for all those long hours of training in the cold of winter.

I finally made one of my Ilkley Harrier cycle meets tonight. I was joined by PW, NT, MI, young JH, plus new recruits NC and son. We took a steady ride out to Barden Bridge and back via Cavendish, with a few efforts along the way. A very social ride on a beautiful evening, and the legs felt fine, although, quite understandably, they lacked a bit of zip on the hills. It was probably the best thing I could have done, to take an easy 20 mile spin today. It will be interesting to see how they cope with racing tomorrow.

No comments: