Thursday 26 June 2008

Washout

Another long day of bug-fixing and I think I can say that I'm almost there, but I've felt really tired today. No.2 son and I were spoilt for choice tonight, but had decided earlier in the week to go for the Otley Town Centre Cycle Racing over the crucial Yorks v Leics 20-20 match at Headingley. The idea was to get a good ride in and arrive at Otley for the 7pm race where JH was going to be in the mix. That all went out the window as the rain set in during the afternoon. The cricket was abandoned without a ball being bowled. We never made it to the cycle racing. I couldn't work up any enthusiasm to ride out in the rain to watch, and nor could my lad. I also couldn't get my head around how dangerous that would be, riding at speed, wheel to wheel, in pouring rain. Scary!

So the day was a complete washout. The whole summer has been a damp squib so far - except for the days on which I've had long rides or events. I really hope my luck is going to hold a bit longer. The thought of doing the DLMC on a day like today is also scary!

1 comment:

Esroh said...

Earth had comp problems and lost your email.Have cottage sorted
F
westernlakespolkadot@eircom.net