Tuesday 17 June 2008

Feeling Flat

I've felt very flat this evening. Another long day dealing with nitty-gritty issues at work, with little respite. I've hardly been for a training run in weeks, but today I was really craving a run on the moor. It truly is the case that you never appreciate what you've got 'til it's gone. We take our freedoms in life so very much for granted and it is only when you lose one of those freedoms that you recognise how precious it is. I experience this every time I pick up an injury, and every time I swear that I will never take my fitness for granted again. But I always do.

I'd hoped I might be able to get out for a ride tonight but logistics with the boys just didn't work out. It's not a bad thing, though, to have taken a complete rest today. A little bit of patience is probably needed at this juncture.

No comments: